About the Designer
Sahai Ambar Pariddi
Co-founder & Creative Head
Call it a divine afflatus or sheer artistic insight, designer Sahai Ambar Pariddi's creative pursuits lead her to follow her vision, beliefs and imagination.She was known as "Paridhi Sahai" where her first name meant circumference in Hindi or in other words limit , named by her mother at the time of her birth. She was renamed by her mother at the age of 30 as "Ambar Pariddi" saying "Seema hi banna hai tau asmaan ki bano"... which means "sky is the limit".
She topped her class in Accessory Design with Best Diploma Project Award at National Institute of Fashion Technology (New Delhi, India) in 1999.
As a loving daughter she pursued her father's vision and successfully initiated the establishment of first generation jewelry business, under the brand name Mine Of Design in the year 2001 with her mother Swatantra Sahai and has established herself as a jewellery specialist . Mine of Design is completely unique "Affordable Luxury" brand which offers end to end solution to its clients from all Precious Jewels , Fashion Jewels and Silver gift articles all under one umbrella.
Sahai specializes in precious jewellery and she leads her label Mine of Design exclusively from its studio in Delhi & NCR, India. Along with numerous global retail stores and specialty boutiques she most recently received a certificate of appreciation from the Victoria Albert Museum in London for her latest collection that was retailed at their outlet. Apart from this she various strategic partnerships with top of the line multi-designer stores like Carma, Aza, Ogaan, Fuel, Anantam, Atosa, Kyra and MMTC showrooms to name a few and several online platforms like Pernia’s pop up in India.
Sahai Ambar Pariddi has been on the panel designers of MMTC (Metal and Mineral Trading Corporation of India ,Government of India Enterprise, Ministry of Commerce & Industry , India ) and WGC ( World Gold Council ) for over a decade. She is also an educationist and is associated with several reputed design institutes like NIFT , IMS DIA, JDTI and Pearl Academy .
Sahai’s jewels have been adorned by celebrities like Karishma Kapoor , Vidya Balan , Neha Dhupia , Raveena Tandon , Jacquiline Fernandis, Soha Ali Khan and Gauhar Khan to name a few. She has carved a niche in the jewellery industry with her unique one of a kind statement pieces.
Sahai Ambar Pariddi’s forte is to design interpretations to evolution of Jewels using gold, diamonds, polki, colored stones along with the table top accessories in Silver and in luxury fashion jewellery.
Sahai Ambar Pariddi has been representing her brand Mine of Design at different National and International shows such as:
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.
- Amazon India Fashion Week
- Premiere Classe , Who’s Next , Paris
- Bridal Fashion Week Canada
- South Asian Fashion Week , Canada
- VOD , Jewellery Fair , Dubai
- Schenzen International Cultural Industrial Fair, Schenzen China where Mine of Design was awarded 18 sq mt booth by Government of China.
- Indain Handicraft Gift Fair
- Life Instyle , Melbourne
- Private shows in Narobi, Hong Kong and Slovenia.
Sahai aspires to make Indian Jewels more popular and wearable. Her label ,
Mine of Design is a luxury design firm dealing in Fine jewelry, Fashion accessories and Festive Favors. Catering to exclusive segment of market fulfilling the needs of the customer pertaining to adorning or gifting luxury.
She specializes in well-constructed jewelley that makes a statement and tells the world about her client’s unique style.
Mine of Design jewelery is featured in Hindi feature film “Fashion”, music video by French artist Ana Belle and Jewellery for Mrs India 2008 MadhviAwasthi for Mrs Globe Awards.
Giving back to the society
- Being part of the Young Diamantaires she has contributed towards the African Children & Communities .
- Constituting an Award and India’s prestigious Design Institute of National Institute of Fashion technology by Mine of Design trust called – Jagwati Devi Bishambar Sahai Trust – “Award in Excellence in Business Innovation” along with a cash award of Rs 10,000 to the most deserving candidate.
- Developing “Revision Jewellery” that its clients helping them use their old jewels in an innovative manner. This not only helps the clients use their jewels that have been lying in the lockers for years unused , restore them , pass them to the next generation , cherish the sentiments associated with these jewels.
- In 2020 Sahai Ambar Pariddi was awarded as "Best Accessory Designer" at India Fashion Awards.
- Won GOPIO Global Business Awards 2018 has chosen you as the winner of the Award for “Contribution to India’s International Trade by a Resident Indian”
- Iconic Women in Innovation and Entrepreneurship by ALL Women Economic Forum 2016
- WOMEN ENTERPRENEUR OF THE YEAR 2014-15 BY GJEPC , MINISTRY OF COMMERECE, Government of India.
- For undertaking the Turnkey Project for design and execution of Madhya Pradesh Pavillion at IITF 2004.Mine of Design won an Award for IT and Design at Madhya Pradesh Pavillion 2004
- Masters in Political Science with Gold Medal
- Ambar was a winner of Best Diploma Project in the year 1999 , NIFT New Delhi with all A+